For this section we have tried to keep technical jargon to a minimum, but as an overview of a technical service it needs to have a little. If you don't understand a few points or would like to know more about this service call 0203 3997223.
The first stage of front-end development is to turn a design or set of designs into HTML and CSS. The majority of web developers will simply use a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver to put your site into HTML. This is little more difficult than using Microsoft Word and results in an unprofessional end product. Web sites that have been constructed in a WYSIWYG editor will suffer from all of the following:
- Messy and bulky code, which is difficult to update and maintain
- Pages will not be geared for search engine optimisation
- Updates to the site will cause degradation to already low quality HTML
- HTML will be inflexible and suffer from accessibility issues, reducing your target audience
- Contain numerous coding errors, which can cause cross-browser incompatibility and confuse search engines, again reducing your target audience
- Only makes use of a fraction of HTML and CSS
At Dhaka WebDesign Design every single page is hand-coded using scaleable, semantic, keyword-rich HTML. This means:
- Our code is clean & minimal, resulting in pages that are easy to manage and update
- HTML is constructed in a way to best inform search engines what that page is about
- HTML is scaleable, meaning any content can be changed to fit any requirements and the size of the site can be increased infinitely without degradation (for accessibility & gee wizz purposes)
- HTML and CSS is provided free of errors and compatible with major web browsers
- Web site will be compatible with all screen resolutions
Just to give you an idea, 1% would be a liberal estimate of the number of sites on the internet that have a solid HTML foundation. In our opinion HTML is the easiest part of making a web site. So if so many development companies can't get that right what else are they going to do half-heartedly?
Once your site has been meticulously put into HTML, the next stage is to add features and facilities to the user interface. This consists of constructing light effects, such as the menu at the top of this page and more advanced facilities like the quoting system or the portfolio.
Once a project has been through front-end development it is handed over to a back-end developer. This is the stage where all the 'behind the scenes' work goes on - the front-end of the site is connected to programming functions and databases that will make the web site actually work.
We have knowledge of and can support development using the following:
- HTML & XHTML
- PHP 4 & PHP 5
- Visual Basic
- TLS & SSL
- MS Access
- MS Jet
If it is not possible for us to meet your requirements with one of the above languages we will definitely be able to using a combination of them.
Our approach to programming is modular and object-orientated. All of our programming is created with extensibility in mind. Most of our programming is built on frameworks, which allows us to do more, to a higher standard in less time. We have our own content management framework, which allows us to build any form on content management on strong foundations. We do not create anything that uses systems or pre-built packages; quite simply because they are inflexible, difficult to maintain and we would not insult our client's confidence in us by giving them something we have just downloaded for free (not pointing any fingers). You'd be surprised at the number of 'development companies' that charge an arm and a leg for lightly modified pre-built packages and a £20 template.
- Linux and BSD howtos and tutorials about almost every topic
Hello there, BIN63 provides user-friendly Linux and BSD howtos and tutorials about almost every topic. We’ve...
- Review Of Caphyon’s SEO Software – Ranking, Link Building and Analytics
If you’re managing your own website or doing work for sites operated by other people, one thing that you already...
- Themefield.com has recently launched a New Questions service on their very popular social network.
Themefield has recently launched a New Questions service on their very popular website at themefield.com....
- Social Media Tools for Entrepreneurs: Get your business to the next stage
As social media gets integrated into our lifestyle, its significance as a platform and a tool for marketing has...
- A good nights sleep with Memory foam Mattress
Getting the most out of the night is essential for getting the most out of the day, and to have a good night’s...
- Getting Started with the Google Adwords Keyword Tool
Why Use It? Keyword research is one of the most important aspects of search engine optimization. Keyword research...
- 5 Things That Are Going To Happen To SEO in 2012
Exact match link building will become a thing of the past We’re already seeing exact match link building becoming...
- SEO Check Up for The New Year
This month, why not make sure that your website is on the right track, with an SEO check-up? Start the New Year...
- 5 Ways to Come Up with New Content Ideas
Whether you’re a blogger who’s struggling with writer’s block or a business owner who is trying to think of new...
- Three Classic Marketing Strategies
When you are running your own business, you will be in charge of coming up with different strategies. Sometimes,...
- How to Choose the Right SEO Firm
If you haven’t recently graduated from college with a business or information technology degree, and haven’t been...
- Beating the January Blues with Free Blog Exposure
The Christmas lights have been packed away leaving the house looking bare, the indulgence of the holiday has taken...
- Use the Web to Discover La Belle France
There are so many reasons to be grateful to the Internet these days, from the convenience of shopping to the ease of...
- Easy SEO Tips to Improve Search Engine Ranking
If you are like many others, you probably feel constantly overwhelmed by the abundance of SEO information available....
- How To Get Started With Twitter In 2012 – A guide for Small Businesses ?
Twitter isn’t losing any of its marketing power. Even though the service has been around for quite a number of...
- Raise Revenue through PPC – Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a reward based marketing program wherein the ‘affiliate’ online publisher gets paid for...
- Writing Better Content Using Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you maximize your marketing return and determine what content is...
- Impact of social media on non-profit organizations
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and other social media networks are rapidly changing almost everything about our...
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – Where are you?
It has been over 3 years since the release of Rockstars latest edition to its most popular game series; Grand Theft...
- GEARS OF WAR 3 – Horde 2.0
Horde 2.0 brings you a bigger, meaner and a more badass online experience than ever before as you will be facing wave...